Atlas of American Orthodox Christian Churches now available
The newly-published Atlas of American Orthodox Christian Churches, edited by Alexei Krindatch, is now available for purchase via Holy Cross Bookstore. The price is $19.95. SOCHA advisory board member and renowned historian Fr. John Erickson authored a history of American Orthodoxy, and I contributed the historical census data, an article on ten interesting facts about American Orthodoxy history, a timeline of Orthodoxy in America, and the entry for the Antiochian Archdiocese. I’m kind of biased, but I think it’s fair to say that this book is a must-have for anyone interested in American Orthodoxy — past or present.
I hope to publish more on the Atlas here at OH.org, including, hopefully, a critical review by an independent reviewer. In the meantime, click here to see exercpted pages from the Atlas, and click here to order your copy.
- American Orthodox Atlas Now Available in Electronic Format
- SOCHA, American Orthodox History, and the Digital Humanities
- Membership Apologies
- Fr. Oliver Herbel interviewed at Eastern Christian Books
- New book on St. Sarapion of Thmuis by SOCHA Director
- SOCHA Newsletter, Issue #3 (October 27, 2011)
- SOCHA adds Aram Sarkisian as fourth director
- 2011 Symposium Begins this Weekend
- SOCHA interview on Ancient Faith Radio
- Collected Works of Nicholas Bjerring available for $1.00