2011 Symposium Begins this Weekend
This evening begins “Pilgrims and Pioneers: The Growth of Orthodox Christianity in 20th Century America,” a conference taking place at Princeton University and Princeton Theological Seminary from September 30 to October 1, 2011. Tonight’s event, a panel discussion, is free and open to the public.
Some of the figures whose lives and ministries will be discussed during the conference include St Tikhon Bellavin, St Raphael Hawaweeny, St Nikolai Velimirovich, St Alexis Toth, Fr Theoclitos Triantafilides, Archbishop Iakovos Koukouzis, Fr Georges Florovsky, Fr Alexander Schmemann, and Fr John Meyendorff.
More information is available on the conference website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Fr Georges Florovsky Orthodox Christian Theological Society of Princeton University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you there!
- SOCHA, American Orthodox History, and the Digital Humanities
- Membership Apologies
- Fr. Oliver Herbel interviewed at Eastern Christian Books
- New book on St. Sarapion of Thmuis by SOCHA Director
- SOCHA Newsletter, Issue #3 (October 27, 2011)
- SOCHA adds Aram Sarkisian as fourth director
- SOCHA interview on Ancient Faith Radio
- Collected Works of Nicholas Bjerring available for $1.00
- More on the Journal of American Orthodox Church History (JAOCH)
- Press Release: Journal of American Orthodox Church History now available