Please read these terms and conditions of use before using this web site.
1. The use of this Web site assumes the acceptance, without any modification or exception, of all terms and conditions of this agreement. By using this Web site you represent that you have read and understand the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as set forth below.
2. OrthodoxHistory.org and the Society for Orthodox Christian History in the Americas (“SOCHA”) reserves the right at sole its discretion to modify the terms and conditions under which this Web site is presented and offered. Use of this Web site after the posting of any such modification constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as modified.
3. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Web site and do not wish to be bound by them, please do not use this Web site or download any materials from this Web site.
4. All material (“Materials”) displayed or transmitted on this site, including but not limited to text, photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, audio clips, and graphics are owned by SOCHA, its members, or the original authors, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights, laws and treaties.
5. Except as provided in this agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, rent, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, repost, perform, display, or in any way commercially exploit the Materials carried on this site, nor may you infringe upon any of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights contained in the Materials, whether the intention of such acts is for commercial purpose or not. You may not remove or alter, nor cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices or visual marks and logos from the Materials. Such infringement is prosecutable under United States copyright law. Quoting limited excerpts from the Materials is permitted under the defined “fair use” provisions and definitions of copyright law.
6. You may make a single print copy of any of the Materials carried by SOCHA on this Web site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not remove nor cause to be removed any copyright, trademarks, or other proprietary notices or visual marks or logos from the Material. You may not archive or retain any of the Materials accessed on this Web site without the express written permission of SOCHA. All requests for archiving, republication or retention of any part of the Materials must be made in writing to SOCHA clearly stating the purpose and manner in which the Material will be used.
7. You acquire no rights or license whatsoever in the Materials other than the limited rights to use the site in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any Materials accessed or downloaded from this site must be accessed or downloaded solely in accordance with the terms and conditions of use specified in this agreement. SOCHA reserves any rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions of use.
8. SOCHA reserves the right to modify, update, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use of or access to this Web site or any portion of this Web site, at any time and without notice or liability.
9. Although all information and materials carried on this web site is believed to be reliable, SOCHA makes no representation, neither expressly nor impliedly, as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of the materials or any information on this web site. By using this web site or by relying on any of the materials or information carried on this web site you assume all the risk and responsibility arising out of use or reliance on this web site. SOCHA expressly disclaims any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or against infringement. SOCHA shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, punitive, or other damages, arising out of the use of or inability to use this web site or any materials carried on this web site.
10. This Web site may from time to time contain links or pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. SOCHA does not operate or control in any way any information, products or services on these third-party sites and SOCHA expressly disclaims any responsibility for such third-party sites, which are provided for your convenience on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
11. This agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the United States of America, and any cause of action which arise from use of this Web site or from interpretation of these terms and conditions must be filed in the state and federal courts located in the United States. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any remaining provisions shall be given effect to the fullest extent possible.
12. This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the terms and conditions of use of this Web site.
13. All e-mail sent to the e-mail addresses of SOCHA becomes the property of SOCHA. SOCHA reserves the right, but shall not be obligated to, publish any email message received, in whole or in part, or make such other use as SOCHA in its sole discretion sees fit.
14. The views expressed on this Web site are those of the individual authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of SOCHA, its executive board, its advisory board, or its members.